Sunday, April 15, 2012

Introduction


My name is Kevin Wnukowski, and I am a senior at Lawrence Academy. This blog is a project that I have constructed to discuss my personal thoughts and stories about weight lifting along with injury prevention. I would like to pursue athletic training, kinesiology, or even physical therapy in my future because it is a passion that I have had since the summer of eighth grade when I started seriously lifting. I spent four days a week for two months of my precious summer with the strength and conditioning coaches at Holy Cross College in Worcester, Massachusetts, participating in the Be Athletic sports performance program.




This is where it all started for me-BeAthletic

This particular blog will be slightly geared towards baseball because I am a high school baseball player and will be going off to play at the colligate level in the fall. Over the course of my baseball career I have encountered many injuries, two of which resulted in surgery. My sophomore year I tore my labrum and my senior year I suffered a TFCC tear in my wrist, which I am still recovering from. These two particular injuries could have been avoided with the proper knowledge.

Throughout this blog I would also like to discuss my personal opinions about lifting theories and classic mistakes that take away from your workout. With my desire to pursue strength and conditioning in my future, I can’t help but want to learn and adapt to every new idea that is put forth. Over the years I have gained a lot with talking to trainers and coaches at all levels, high school, college, and even the pro level. I have tried to take a little bit from every one of them and have created my own melting pot of thoughts, opinions, and theories.

Stay tuned for my first post coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment